I had the pleasure to host again one of the prestigious Barista competitions in the Philippines, in World Trade Center.
This event has been here for a decade now, it is safe to say that they are responsible in our now growing coffee community in our country.
The Barista Cup’s objective is to promote the growth, excellence and recognition of the Barista profession in the Philippines as well as to cultivate a stronger appreciation and awareness of specialty coffee and the role of a barista in the specialty coffee industry.
There are 7 Baristas who competed on that day. Each of them are required to present three drinks which are
- single espresso
- single shot cappuccino
- single signature beverage of his/her choice (Signature beverage should consist of at least 1oz. espresso; hot, iced or blended; non–alcoholic; original and unpublished)
- Each competitor is given a maximum of 15 minutes for the actual presentation. Maximum of 1-minute extension will be allowed but with corresponding demerits.
Timing as follows:
- 10 minutes preparation time
- 15 minutes actual presentation / performance time
- 5 minutes clean-up
This is quite a challenge!!!
I was trying to put myself in their shoes, it must have been nerve wracking
Everyone’s encourage to be part of this yearly event, especially the aspiring Barista’s who would like to challenge themselves and compete. I’m so happy to be part of this Coffee movement happening in our country the numbers of coffee lovers are growing. Let’s conquer our community one coffee bean at a time.
Oh btw, the prizes are no joke!
Winners for this elimination round will receive…
- 2nd Runner-up will receive a runner-up Plaque, PHP 2,500 cash prize, certificate and gift items
- 1st Runner-up will receive a runner-up Plaque, PHP 5,000 cash prize, certificate and gift items
- Winner will get a championship Plaque, PHP 10,000 cash price with the small espresso machine, certificate, gift items and the automatic slot for the Philippine National Barista Championship to be held in 2017.
For more coffee info and about the contest please visit Allegro
Sponsors / Partners:
- Routin 1883 Gourmet Syrups and Sauces from the French Alps
- Jollycow Fresh Milk
- World Class Concepts Corp. (Ocean Glassware)
- Krispy Kreme Donuts
- Emperador Distilers
- Nuova Simonelli Espresso Machines
- Clear Water Systems / Everpure
- FRANKE Coffee Systems
- Expobar Espresso Machines
- Ceylon Kisses Tea
- Caffe MOAK Espresso Beans
- Urnex coffee cleaning solutions
- Danesi Caffe Espresso Beans
- Coffee Queen Brewers
- Mahlkonig Grinders
- Hey Café Grinders
- Hamilton Beach Blenders
- ICS Powder
- LNA Management Group
Media Partner: F & B World Magazine
Asia food News
ANC Shop TV